Twist & Twine: 18 Ideas for Rag Rugs and Home Decor
From fabric strips to completed rugs - it's all in the twist!
Traditional crafting and green crafting come together with impressive results in "Twist & Twine." Author Bobbie Irwin guides you through the age-old art of rug twining to create beautiful, durable objects for your home, all with strips of new or recycled fabric. You'll begin with a twining sampler to learn the basic methods you'll need to make rugs, baskets, placemats, even a photo album. Clearly presented techniques and project instructions include color diagrams and photos. Learn to make your own twining frames, and discover nonframe projects that use boxes, cardboard tubes and bowls as forms for twining.
In "Twist & Twine" you'll get:
- an illustrated guide to twining methods
- detailed instructions for 7 rugs and 11 home decor items created with a variety of techniques and looms
- thorough discussions of fabric - new or recycled - to use for warps and wefts
- a review of twining equipment, including instructions for constructing looms and frames
- lists of twining references and resources
Paperback, 144 pages
Published October 1st 2009 by Krause Publications (first published 2009)